Termites do over $5 Billion in property damages a year – how will you protect your home?
While people worry about a fire or storm damaging their home, statistics show that damage caused by termites is far more likely. By calling Mug-A-Bug, you can be assured of a professional inspection, recommendation, and program for preventing termites or dealing with current termite activity.
How will Mug-A-Bug identify my termite problem?
First, we will conduct a thorough and meticulous inspection of your home and property. A professional termite technician will inspect your home from top to bottom, from basement to crawl space to exterior. After a thorough evaluation of your property, we will recommend a treatment plan tailored to your situation – your home’s construction and the degree of infestation and damages present.
How will Mug-A-Bug treat my termite problem?
Mug-A-Bug uses the latest in termite technology to protect your home. We use the most advanced and effective termiticides on the market today. Premise 75WP or Termidor are remarkable termite control products offering unprecedented results. Premise or Termidor are two termiticides that combine a unique transfer effect or mode of action, unmatched termite control, offer long residuals, and the ability to manage colonies fast, all in a low-dose, low-odor formulations.
Does my termite treatment come with a warranty?
Your termite treatment is warranted for one year, allowing for re-treatment at no additional cost if further infestations are found. At your anniversary date, you may join Mug-A-Bug’s many satisfied customers with our annual renewal warranty program, consisting of yearly inspections. Your warranty is also transferable to any new homeowner should your home be sold during the warranty period. Your best protection for your real estate investment is too extend your annual renewals each year!
Wood Destroying Insect Reports for Real Estate Transactions:
Each year, we perform hundreds of these inspections, which may be required before a home or building is sold or refinanced. Commonly called a “WDIR” (Wood Destroying Insect Report), its purpose is to inspect for any signs of visibly accessible evidence of termites, carpenter ants, wood infesting beetles, or carpenter bees that may be present in and around your home. All of our inspections are performed by pest control professionals. Both seller and buyer should be aware that a WDI Report covers only what an inspector concludes from what is visible on the date of the inspection only.
Mug-A-Bug also offers termite soil pre-treats for new construction projects as well.
Why should I choose Mug-A-Bug for termites?
Not all termite companies are the same, that’s why more people choose Mug-A-Bug for total termite protection! Choosing our company means that you do not have to wonder if your home is protected against termite infestations, because we provide total protection with our extendable annual termite warranty renewals.
Because we treat your home as if it were our own, Mug-A-Bug Pest Control only uses what we believe to be two of the most effective termite treatments on the market — Premise 75WP and Termidor. In ongoing studies they both have proven to be 100% effective in eradicating termite colonies in three months or less — a claim that other termiticides or termite systems of any type cannot make. And, unlike baiting systems such as Sentricon, which may take months or years to effectively control the colony (see Baiting Systems vs. Conventional Liquid Treatment below), Premise or Termidor begin to work immediately. Below are some key features regarding both products:
- Lethal upon ingestion and contact: Termites cannot detect Premise or Termidor, so they move freely through treated areas, ingesting it and contracting it on their bodies. There’s no waiting for termites to “find” and “accept” the bait, and no treatment leaving your home exposed through perimeter gaps and waiting periods, as with baiting systems.
- Unique “Transfer Effect”: Termites infected with Premise or Termidor spread it to other termites they come in contact with, and because of their social natures (they feed and groom each other), entire colonies can be eliminated in three months or less… two to six (2-6) times faster than baiting systems.
- Proven: Applied at very low rates (just 0.05% and 0.06%), the active ingredient in Premise or Termidor has been used around the world on cats and dogs for flea and tick control, and on agricultural crops to protect food supplies. Registered by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), both Premise and Termidor are virtually odorless.
- Easy: Call today to schedule your free inspection and consultation to see if Premise or Termidor is right for you. As always, with Mug-A-Bug, there’ll be no obligation or pressure to buy – just honest answers to your termite questions: 719-591-0337 – Colorado Springs or 719-543-0263 – Pueblo.
Baiting Systems vs. Conventional Liquid Treatment:
Baiting Systems, such as Sentricon, have been heavily promoted in the media, and many homeowners have been sold on their non-invasive benefits. Typically, “bait stations” are installed every ten (10 ft) feet around the perimeter of a property. The stations are monitored, and once termites are observed “taking the bait,” the stations are loaded with chemically treated bait which, when ingested and shared with the colony, results in control. While many Baiting Systems can indeed be effective over time, there are several serious drawbacks to consider:
- Bait Systems don’t work right away — in fact, it can take months to years for termites to “find” and “accept” the bait.
- There’s no guarantee that termites will take the bait — and no guarantee that they won’t bypass the stations and zero-in on your home directly or through gaps in the perimeter left by bait stations.
- Because it takes longer to work, termite colonies that find your home continue to wreak havoc — for months, or even years before the product controls the colony.
- Some companies offer repellent treatments in combination with baiting systems to keep termites away from treated areas to give the bait systems time to work. Essentially, you’ll be asked to pay for two forms of treatment to solve your problem and your payments will probably reflect that!
Call to schedule a FREE termite inspection: 719-591-0337 Colorado Springs or 719-543-0263 for Pueblo
There’s no obligation, and we’re just as happy to tell you when you don’t have a problem as we are to give you an estimate when you do!