Pest infestations are often frustrating enough for homeowners without adding in the concern of attempting to hire a qualified professional to resolve the issue. Here are a few things to consider when hiring a pest control professional in Colorado Springs:
10 Tips for Finding the Best Pest Control Specialist In Your Area
- Talk with family, friends, and co-workers. This is a fast way to find out both high and low-quality pest control companies in your area.
- Read reviews. Google, Facebook, Yelp are great starting points when evaluating a company. If there is a complaint, how did the company respond?
- Compare services and costs associated with the service. Not every company provides the exact same service. Be sure you know what to expect.
- Utilize online referrals for your area. Organizations like National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and QualityPro will have listings of professionals in your area.
- Be wary of people knocking on your door uninvited. Some companies utilize scare tactics to obtain customers.
- Do not rush your decision. Make sure that you are aware of any contracts and what exactly is included. Some companies lock customers into a contract that must be paid out even if canceled regardless of the situation.
- Find an exterminator that is both licensed and insured. Not all professionals are licensed to control all types of pests. For example, structural pest control is different than wood destroying, vertebrate, or ornamental pest controls. Additional information from your local licensing agency may be needed for specific pests.
- Make sure that the company you select is knowledgeable about the pest of concern. Don’t hesitate to ask questions.
- Be aware of product safety and any precautions that may be necessary for your family including pets.
- Consider the value of service over the price. Cheaper is not always better. If it sounds too good to be true that may be exactly the case.